Philosophy and Basic Principles / Patients’ Rights and Responsibilities
- Philosophy and Basic Principles / Patients’ Rights and Responsibilities
Philosophy and Basic Principles of Toyota Kosei Hospital: Patients’ Rights and Responsibilities
We keep up to date on the latest medical developments, strive to be kind and warm to patients, and serve the community for mutual prosperity.
We offer medical, healthcare and welfare services tailored to the needs of individual patients in line with the following basic principles.
- As a public hospital, we strive for the health of local residents and treatment and prevention of diseases.
- We offer safe and reliable medical, healthcare and welfare services while respecting patients’ rights.
- We keep up to date with the latest medical progress and strive to improve the quality of our staff and facilities.
- We strive to develop close relationships with other local medical institutions to build a patient-oriented local medical system.
Patients’ Rights and Responsibilities
- Respect for patients’ individuality
All patients have the right to have their individuality respected and their human dignity protected.
- Right of equal access to medical services
All patients have the right to equal access to safe and effective medical services.
- Right to information
All patients have the right to access detailed medical information relating to their condition, medical tests and treatment.
- Right to making decisions
All patients have the right to choose treatment for themselves after having been fully informed of treatment options, and the right to seek a second medical opinion.
- Right to privacy
All patients have the right to have their personal information protected from being disclosed to a third party without their consent.
- Responsibility for participation and cooperation
All patients have the responsibility to build a relationship of trust with medical professionals and to participate and cooperate in medical services to ensure the above rights are protected.
Code of Professional Ethics (established on September 18, 2008)
Toyota Kosei Hospital has established the following Code of Professional Ethics which stipulates the basic standards of conduct that its staff are expected to observe to maintain local medical services and contribute to the wellbeing of residents by preventing diseases and promoting health.
- We deal with people in need of medical care kindly and warmly and offer the best possible medical care to win their trust.
- We do our utmost to help local residents prevent diseases and promote health by working in cooperation with external medical professionals.
- We constantly seek to acquire new expertise and skills, broaden knowledge, and improve ourselves while recognizing the dignity and responsibility required of medical professionals.
- We acknowledge the public nature of medical services and contribute to the prosperity of society through medical services, while complying with laws and regulations and preserving legal order.
Code of Medical Ethics (revised on October 31, 2013)
We have established the following Code of Medical Ethics in clinical practice based on the hospital’s philosophy, basic principles, and patients’ rights and responsibilities stated above.
- We provide medical services in a manner that respects the religious beliefs, philosophy, nationality and values of each patient.
- For diagnosis and medical treatment that require special consideration in terms of social ethics, we comply with the applicable laws and regulations, guidelines and relevant manuals of the hospital.
- When conducting research necessary for medical progress or offering medical service involving ethical issues, we will discuss the appropriateness of doing so at a clinical research ethics review committee, etc. in advance.